Our Belief and Purpose
The Largo Community Church embraces the historic Christian faith, is Christ-centered in worship, and Bible-based in teaching.
- The Bible is the inspired, authoritative, and only infallible Word of God.
- There is one God, eternally existent in the three persons of God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Sprit.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God, born of the virgin Mary. He lived a sinless life, performed miracles, died on the cross, rose from the grave, ascended to the right hand of the Father, and is coming again.
- The Holy Spirit brings sinners to Christ, enables Christians to live a holy life, and empowers Christians to witness for Christ.
- The sacrament of baptism in water signifies the beginning of the Christian life, and Holy Communion signifies the continuation of the new life in Christ.
- The Church is the people of God in fellowship, in worship, and in ministry.
The Largo Community Church has a divine purpose, function, and destiny. This church exists firstly for the purpose of propagating the gospel of Jesus Christ to the salvation of all who will believe.
Further, as a dynamic church, our purpose is to make disciples of our Lord Jesus Christ through the proclamation of the Word of God - leading those who believe to effective personal and corporate worship, equipping them for the work of the ministry, and producing outreach to our families, community, nation and the world.